Monday 22 September 2014

Take Care Of You... #Week11



After months of hibernation I’m baaaack!!! Spring has sprung and Summer is almost here and like any other year people have started pounding pavements and hitting that iron. This got me thinking why is it that we decide to take care of our bodies only towards Summer and at the beginning of every year but don’t follow through throughout the year? I’m also guilty of that, at least till last year.

 

This year I turned ….years old (wouldn’t you love to know haha!) and at the beginning of the year I said to myself there are certain habits I should leave behind and some I should acquire because I’m not getting any younger! For now I’ll focus on the physical - physically for most people it’s to weigh a certain weight or wear a certain dress size; mine on the other hand was to…..can’t say it here ;-). Now we all have different reasons why we want to reach our physical goals and I’ve learned that as long as you have a personal reason why you want to reach that goal you’ll be able to and maintain it.  I am doing it for myself (for now), health reasons, others do it for their children, I met a lady sometime last week who said she lost all her excess weight for spiritual reasons; our bodies are a temple of God and we should treat it as such.

 

Recently I came across a sad reality, we are judged by the way we look and first impressions, how we look and present ourselves really do count. A certain company was looking for young females to promote its brand, they went to a Bootcamp group and didn’t ask for cv’s or anything of that sort but they wanted fit and healthy looking individuals – that’s a job opportunity right there. It is amazing how taking care of yourself can give you choices in life, not just work related but relations in general as well.

 

If you know me well enough you’ll know I’m all for inner beauty; in the quest to acquire that though let us not neglect the vessel that carries all that beauty and brain. Unfortunately this is one of those things in life no one can do for you no matter how much you pay them. If you don’t take care of yourself nobody else will, if you don’t love yourself nobody will for you, if you don’t respect yourself nobody else will…

 

I joined a healthy living challenge with a few of my friends that will go on for the next 11 weeks, to prevent myself from going back to my old habits I have to remind myself daily why I want what I want.  They say it takes 21-30 consecutive days to form a habit, I should be good. What’s your reason?

No comments:

Post a Comment